Before the Gathering I was asked: “What is it?” and “What do you do in a Gathering?”
There is a general description about the Gathering (here), but let’s look at it a bit closer.
Who is it for?
- the Gatherings are for mentally stable people from 14 to 150 years who are genuinely motivated to understand Life, and their role therein better.
Although every Gathering is different, it always has some common features
- a Gathering needs a minimum of two people. Otherwise there is no conversation, and no Gathering. I haven’t experienced a maximum limit of participants yet, but if that happens, I’ll revise this post.
- A safe setting. The Gathering is a circle, and there is only one rule: what is spoken in the circle, stays within the circle.
- Sharing. You need to share if you want to move forward at any speed. By coming out with your vulnerability, you hold the space for others to do the same. By bringing our ‘stuff’ into the light, we can transform it.
- By the very special quality of the conversations and sharing, respect naturally follows. These are tender things we’re touching upon, and we respect the right of our fellow Gathering-member to have their opinion. We can ask questions or share our own experiences as a reaction to something we have questions about, but the respect is there.
- A participant of a Gathering emailed me afterwards: ” It is special how a seemingly small happening can have so much impact.” That’s exactly what a Gathering is for! It a place for examining, clarifying and ultimately transforming things that need to evolve.
So what do we do?
- Depending on the combination of people who come, the themes that we touch upon vary greatly, from spiritual growth and personal development to sexuality and raising children. Every Gathering is different because the people who come have their own dynamic together, and create a different ambiance together. It’s not even just the people, but also the time of year, the seasons, that affect the vibe. The themes ‘set themselves’, but there is always the opportunity to steer the conversation to a direction you wish to talk about.
- We ask questions and receive answers. We share experiences and think. The very natural things we humans were born to do, together.
- We can meditate and learn from each others techniques and experiences.
- We often laugh and sometimes shed tears. These conversations shift to coming from the Heart, even if the beginning of the session starts in the Mind.
- We see each other. Deeper than the outside shell. It is a Heart-connection of Souls.
- We also enjoy silence when it falls, and have some snacks and herbal tea.
You’ll find the upcoming dates on the Gatherings page.
If you wish to organize a Gathering with your group at your place and would like to have me there, get in contact.